Heavy metal

Promises
I really want to explain everything that has happened since my surgery. Detail what the hospital was like, talk about my recovery at home, what has shocked me and what it's really like. I am just plain not up for it yet. It's hard for me to concentrate for too long, and the computer screen hurts my eyes, something my oft-splitting head doesn't need.

I promise to give more soon. For now, I will placate you all with my x-rays. Below are a couple of x-rays from prior to the surgery, which I posted on my blog previously, and two of my post-op x-rays.

On these two, you can see the obvious difference of the spine curving on the left and being straight on the right with the help of my two new metal rods and 24 screws.
Additionally, check out my ribs. In the x-ray on the left, my ribs on the left side are spaced really close together and really far apart on the right side. In the x-ray on the right, they are much more even. My surgery not only entailed my surgeon straightening my spine, but he also worked to push my ribs back to a centered position. My ribs used to point towards the right, which caused a "rib hump" on the left-side of my ribs. He was able to correct my hump without cutting or removing any ribs, a common correction technique.



Additionally, Dr. Hostin corrected my kyphosis (he pushed out the large hump I had on the upper right-side of my back). You can see it in these x-rays, if you look at the actual spine, located in a bit from where the back's exterior starts.










Crooked Megs ain't so crooked anymore, huh?

5 comments:

Becky said...

I'm so proud of you Megs! I'm looking forward to your future updates, but for now, I'm thrilled that you are taking care of yourself and doing well. You are always in my thoughts and prayers!

CheyneCuts+Collects said...

taller and thinner already.

seriously, you can tell... i had to say it!

still sending all my positive energy your way!

davlenie said...

After looking at the X-rays my legs went limp and I almost fell out. Women are so much tougher than men. It's simply ridiculous. I can't imagine going through what you've done. Anyways, we're thinking of you out here in England.
-Lance, Marge and Silly Sam

Joe The Visualist said...

youre awesome! and i love ya! xo!

Megs said...

Becky, I am doing well. You've helped me to get here! Do you have any breathing exercises you can send me? I'm having some pains when I take deep breaths, and I think I just need to do some breathing exercises to get my body used to deep breaths. xoxo

Cheyne, I'm glad you did say it! ;)

Lance, the x-rays are shocking, I know! I'll agree with you about the women being tougher thing, although I wouldn't last a second against you in a fight! Matt and I think and talk about you, Marge and Sam often. I love reading your blog. Keep it up.

Joe, you are too sweet. xoxo

Copyright © 2008 - Crooked Megs - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template