Turning corners

Better, but not ok
Thank you all for your support. I don't want this to sound cliche. I really feel, possibly for the first time in my life, the power of prayer and support of angels, both here and away.

I've turned a corner. This is now somewhat bearable. Yesterday, I only cried once, when getting advice from Kelsey, who was wonderful as always. I e-mailed both my patient coordinators for help. One called me back very quickly (the other knew it was being handled). She gave me wonderful advice on tips to get through this and upped my timing for when I can take my spasm meds, as the spasms were causing me the most anguish.

Yesterday was soooo much better. Today, even more so. I am still not out of the woods, but I now know that this is a journey that I will navigate.

Thank you for everything. Here's me being greedy....please keep the positive energy, good thoughts and prayers coming. I can feel them!!

P.S. When I went to one of Kelsey's BuddhaBuddha ladies for a massage the night before my operation, I saw this on a post-it note on her bathroom mirror. It helps me now. One more of those small miracles I am thanking God daily for:

I plant this hurt in a sea of good thoughts and it floats away!

xoxo

9 comments:

Becky said...

I am SO happy to see this update from you! Keep at it sweetie. I'm still sending you all my love and prayers every day.

Gran-Nan said...

So great to hear that you are feeling so much better. As you know I keep up with you every day through Matt. My prayers and good thoughts are with you always. I love you! Keep up the good work.

KEC said...

Megan-
It's Kristen again using Kelsey's sign on... Kelsey has been giving daily updates and I'm so glad to hear that you've turned a corner. I like the saying from the sticky note. That's a good one to remember for all sorts of "pain", whether physical, mental or emotional. Know that we are still sending you lots of thoughts. Love Ya!

The Fog Pony said...

I'm so happy to hear you're doing well! I'll keep sending those vibes and prayers!!

xo Jenny

Vixel said...

So glad things are on the up! You're in my thoughts, I hope you continue to get better every day!

CCwriter said...

Debra Anderson asked after you today and sends good thoughts your way, as do I. Can you listen to podcasts or music? I'm glad you're on the up and up.
xxoo,
CC

pops said...

Megs,
We Love You and Pray for you daily. When your ready we would love to visit you.
Gary,Donna and Abbie

Janet said...

Hey Megan~ I am sorry it has taken me this long to join your blog. It is really awesome to see how many people are following you. You are truly loved! I am so glad to see your most recent post. I know that this is still hard for you, but as long as you stay in the struggle, things will continue to get better. Take things one day at a time, one moment at a time. Nothing brings us to the present moment like pain, but it is through pain that we grow.
I can't wait to come see you as soon as you are feeling better. I have lots of wedding stuff we can go over but only when you are ready. You are in my thoughts and prayers and vibes :) i love you!

Megs said...

Thank you, everyone. You all, my friends, are the greatest gifts.

xoxo

Copyright © 2008 - Crooked Megs - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template