Relief

The sky was falling
I am prone to overreacting, at least about all of this. I had my meeting with my boss today, and it went swimmingly. He said he supports me 100 percent and that the #1 priority is my health and recovery.

If I am just lying around in bed, feeling wonderful, watching "General Hospital" and trying to figure out why my doctor hasn't released me yet to part-time work, I can feel free to telecommute, he said. That way, I can get off the FMLA days away (of which you only get 12 weeks per year, and you don't want to deplete unless something unforeseen happens). Honestly, that is something I would love to do. This isn't a vacation to me. As soon as I am ready, I want to work. I love being a part of my team at the office and don't like the idea of not holding my own. As I said to the boss man, I do not want to be useless if there is anyway I can physically handle being useful.

So I'll take as much time off as I need (8-12 weeks? maybe), but I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be telecommuting part time in whatever role I feel able to fill by 6 weeks out.

Crisis averted.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Yea! I am glad the boss was understanding and that he had a plan (telecommuting) to get you back to work. Everything will work out for you--it usually does for special people!

XOXO Mom

matt said...

I was going to post a comment and I pretty much typed EXACTLY what your mom did. (before i read her comment)...Oh well. I'm glad that this is something you won't have to worry about now, and you don't need to be stressing when you are recovering!
All my love.

Megs said...

Thank you, Mom & Matt. Your words always make me feel better. Love you both.

xoxo

Copyright © 2008 - Crooked Megs - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template