Research

I'm "special"
One cool thing I found while researching the cause of scoliosis was information about its prevalence. From Wikipedia (Thank goodness for Wikipedia!):

  • Scoliotic curves greater than 10 degrees affect only 2-3 percent of the US population (my curve is in the 60 degree range).
  • The prevalence of curves greater than 20 degrees affect about one in 2,500 people (once again, my curve is in the 60 degree range!).
  • Single or "C" curves are slightly more common than double or "S" curves (mine is an "S"). Males are more likely to have infantile or juvenile scoliosis, but females have a high incidence of adolescent scoliosis.

Since my curves are so much larger than these stats, I would like to find some more stats, but this is all I could find for now. I'll post if anything comes up.

2 comments:

Megs said...

I have no clue why, but the dates are all messed up on my blogs. This one was actually posted today (Monday, Dec. 1, 2008) and not on the 24th. The post prior to this, "I'm in a glass case of emotion," was posted on Monday, Nov. 24, 2008, not the week before that. Just wanted to clarify.

carra said...

we always knew you were like one in a million:)

Copyright © 2008 - Crooked Megs - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template