I'm in a glass case of emotion

Seriously? Again?
I understand things change and sometimes you can't help it. It shouldn't be a big deal or anything to be mad about. Roll with the punches.

What. Ev. Er.

We all know my surgery date changed from Jan. 19 to the 23, and it shook me up. Then, on Thursday afternoon, I received another call from the doctor's office. Not only did they not realize they were closed on Jan. 19 for the MLK holiday (the reason my first surgery date changed), but actually most of the staff is out of town that entire week for some reason. We would need to change the date again. I wonder if my patient coordinator, who BTW was very nice about it, could hear how upset I was on the phone. We changed the date to the next Monday, Jan. 26.

The rest of my day was ruined. I was sad all day about it until Matt distracted me with Mediterranean food and hot chocolate. (Thank you!) I would deal with this new date again.

Conflict
Then on Friday, I realized that this new date was no good for work. It would put me back at work a whole week later, not good for the busiest time of our year. There's no way I could do it then. It has to be earlier. I felt nauseous.

My only other option was the week before my original surgery date. I hadn't wanted to do it this week as my best friend is having a birthday party on the 16th, and I want to be there. You know, one last time to see all my friends and run around before I'm "taking it easy" for the next few months. Due to illnesses and work conflicts, we haven't celebrated her birthday in a few years.

I had to choose though, and I figure she'll understand better than work. So, I called my patient coordinator and prepared myself to beg for another date. It was easier than I thought.

My new surgery date is Wednesday, Jan. 14. Please, please, PLEASE don't let this one change. I can't handle the stress! At the movies with some girlfriends on Friday, I even got choked up when they asked me when my surgery is. I must have looked crazy. I bet that's the last time any of them ask me when it is! Ha!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, it's Vicki from SSO here! Sorry to hear about your problems getting a fixed date, it seems to happen quite a lot (I had my surgery when I was 10 so it was my parents who had to deal with the stress of it all, not me!). I hope this one sticks and everything goes brilliantly for you!

I'm planning on starting a Scoliosis-related fashion blog at some point soon, covering everything from hiding it effectively to flaunting scars, etc. and I need to get other people involved - there's no way I'll be able to write enough material to keep it going myself! I was wondering if you'd like to be involved? I will be getting a more clearly-defined plan together soon, so let me know!

Megs said...

Hi Vicki! So glad to see you following my blog!

I'd love to help. I can do some writing or researching for you and post the link on here once its up. I'll message you at SSO with my contact info.

Thanks!

carra said...

Megs, dont even think twice about the date, I am here for you. Im sorry that it has been changed again, but it will be fine. We will go dancing on the 9th or 10th. I love you and I am here for you, you will be fine! However, I do miss you...a little. love.

Megs said...

Thanks, Carra. I knew you'd understand!

Miss you, too. xoxo

Copyright © 2008 - Crooked Megs - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template