Crashing

Unrelated
Today, I was in a car accident. A woman ran a stop sign, and I (who did not have a stop sign) ran into her. My poor VW bug is dead, gone forever.

I know this is unrelated to the reason I'm doing this blog, my scoliosis. However, the resulting headache, fever, burning eyes (from powder that flew out from the airbags) and body pains will keep me from fulfilling my one blog a week promise I made, at least this week.

I'll leave you with one promise--x-ray pics to be coming very, very soon. My doctor's office has promised to mail to me today a cd of the x-rays. As soon as I get them, I will post them.

For now, I'm going to lay down, dream of the better days when a girl could safely cruise in her VW beetle and will promise to blog again very, very soon, probably in the next couple of days.

Thanks for understanding, all of you! For now, I'll leave you with a treat, a video from another bug lover in a song that I will dedicate to my long lost "Red Animal War" buggy. I'll miss you like candy. (Tear)

7 comments:

CheyneCuts+Collects said...

i would have sacrificed my bug for yours, any day!!! I'm sorry!

get better!

bhurst said...

Damn those women drivers, what can you do?!

I gotta admit though, I was a little disappointed when the story didn't shift to... you feeling great when you stepped out of your car, being 2 inches taller and walking with the best posture of your life thanks to the wreck!! That would have been a sweet ending... turn out the lights, blog over!! Try to work in some stuff like that in the future. Thanks. ;)

Love ya.
B

Becky said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry about your little bug! But I'm so happy you are safe and OK! It was great to see you last Friday. I hope to see you again soon! -Becky

Pill Box Tales said...

OH MY GOSH! I'm glad you are okay, though. Sorry about the car.

Well, maybe new car smell will put a smile on your face.

carra said...

You and me have traveled the state of texas in that bug...it had a good life...full of laughter, tears and american woman...Im sorry babe. At least you can get a new car like you secretly have been dreaming of. Love you punkins.

Kimberly 'Riggle' Franek said...

Yikes! So sorry! Hope you're okay and resting. :)

Megs said...

Thanks for the well wishes! I'm doing better, thanks to a great chiropractor, and will be looking at a new car later this week.

xoxo

Copyright © 2008 - Crooked Megs - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template