Holy crap! This thing is going to cost money!

First bills

Today, I spoke with the hospital about the MRI I'll be having on Dec. 29. The MRI is one part of preparing for surgery. I didn't realize it was going to cost me money!

Not just a couple hundred bucks either. The full cost of the MRI is $6,897.36. I've already met my insurance deductible, but not my out-of-pocket maximum. Therefore, my insurance will pay 80 percent, and I'll pay 20 percent. For some reason, I was under the impression that I reached my maximum already and all of this would be free until the first of the year. I'm so sad to say that I was mistaken.

So my second bill for this will be for $1,379.47.

My only other bill was after my first appointment in September at Baylor Scoliosis. It cost me $356.54.

So my new running total for this surgery is.....drum roll.......$1,736.01. Good-bye savings account!

UPDATED: I had them switch my MRI to the first of the new year, so it will count toward my deductible/out-of-pocket maximum for next year. I feel better about this now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Spending money on this is no fun, but so not important in the grand scheme of things. And you are worth it to be happy and healthy. Try to put $ out of your mind. :)

Megs said...

I'm really more in shock about it than worried.

You're right, though, Wendy.

Copyright © 2008 - Crooked Megs - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template