Exciting! Pictures of Me Walking! Wait, um...

Maybe it's not as exciting as I let on. I finally have the pictures from my stay in the hospital. I look pretty awful. Let me say now, for my vanity's sake, I look better than this on most days.





This was on my door in ICU when I was forced to lie flat for 24 hours. As I've said before, it was awfully uncomfortable.

























Here I'm sitting in my chair in ICU for either the first or second time. Despite my hand to my mouth, I'm not smoking. I am, however, really high. Morphine'll do that to ya.


Here I am standing up for my first walk. My mom and dad were really excited (that's dad holding the door open). I was not. The belt around my waste held all my wires to me. As I mentioned in another post, I had a whole lotta tubes in and out of me.

On my first walk, two therapists walked with me down the hall and then back- one helping me walk, encouraging me to keep going, and the other moving my IV pole with me, so I could grip the walker. After this first walk, most of my other walks were taken with one or both of my parents helping me.

Finishing up my first walk. It was exhausting! And sweet Jebus! I look awful! It reminds me of one of my favorite moments from the TV series "Friends." Monica looked pretty chunky in an old video of her from high school, and of course the guys were making fun of her. She said, "C'mon guys, the camera adds 10 pounds!" To which Chandler said, "Um, how many cameras are on you?"

Next post: my last day in the hospital.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Crooked Megs - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template