Celebrity skin

Fun with Google
I'm stealing this idea from my friend's blog about dealing with (and beating! I'm still smiling about that) Hodgkins Lymphoma.

I did a google search for celebrities who have scoliosis. I know I shouldn't be happy for someone to have to live with a disease just because I have it, but it still kind of made me excited to know I share this with some really amazing people. Here are the results. I'm only including those who I've heard of, which basically means I've left off all the sports people (no offense). I'm adding Wikipedia hyperlinks to their names, in case you want to click to learn more about them:

I would say that having scoliosis doesn't inhibit you from doing what you want to do in life, but I do think that that depends on the severity and your access to medical treatment. I still think this list is really impressive and proves that many of us have problems, even seemingly perfect celebrities, and still go on to do great things with our lives.

Have a very happy holiday!

3 comments:

carra said...

A. You have already done great things with your life.
B. You will do many many more.
C. I love you.
D. I cant believe about Liza...so awesome in a weird sort of way.

Kimberly 'Riggle' Franek said...

Yea! I love that you did this. I got berated for doing it on my from several people. Of course...I think it was because some of them didn't win that had them up in arms. I'm surprised about some of these names. Very cool to see though. Like you said...it's neat to see who shares this journey with you. Though...you're way cooler than any of those people.

Megs said...

Carra, I love you, too.

Kim, your list was a little more depressing than mine, so I understand everyone's distress! My list is a little surprising because so many of these people we see all the time in movies and magazines and never notice anything wrong with them. Scoliosis comes in a wide-range of degrees, so with many people, you can't tell at all.

Thanks for commenting!

Copyright © 2008 - Crooked Megs - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template