More of how this came to be

The first step
With all this in mind, one day at work I decided to do a little investigating. I got onto my insurance Web site and did a search on doctor's specializing in the spine and spinal surgeries--orthopedic surgeons, if you will :) .

Turns out, there was only one option for me. The only practice in my insurance network was the Baylor Scoliosis Center in Plano.

They had a very informative Web site (http://www.consultingorthopedists.com/), which I read front to back (during my lunch break, of course...yeah, that's right....) and it really helped me decide to go talk to them. The Q&A was amazing. I felt like the doctor who wrote it really cared about what he was doing. The best part was that it wasn't all about kids or old people.

That day I e-mailed the site to Matt and my parents.

My dad's e-mailed response was golden--classic Dad:

Megan, It appears that your mother is probably the cause of your back problems and I believe that she should have to pay anything that your company insurance does not pay. It would be wise to speak to her about this. Luv ya, dad

He wrote that in a joking way, but I know he really meant that he & mom would help me out no matter what. Joking or not, dad rocks.

I called the doctor the next day to ask about setting up an appointment. I decided I wanted my mother with me. I know, I know. I'm old enough to do this on my own, but she's been through this before & I wanted her input & support. I scheduled an appointment on a day she could take off from work.

That was at the end of August. We just had to wait two more weeks til it was time for the appointment.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Crooked Megs - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template